Friday, December 6, 2013- Christkindl Festival Opening Ceremonies starting on the Courthouse Lawn at 307 Main Street to a candle light procession to the Christkindlmarkt tent off of North 2nd Street.
- Christmas Tree lighting ceremony will take place in the Courthouse lawn and a candle light procession will follow down to the Christkindlmarkt tent on North 2nd Harrison Streets.
- The Coronation of Christkindl & Father Christmas will take place under the heated tent.
6:45pm - 8:00pm
- There will be festive entertainment by Colleen & Uncle Squaty performing Sing-A-Move-A-Dance/Music and movement for the entire family and warm refreshments by The Mocha Mouse.
Christkindl Festival Opening Ceremonies sponsored by the Black River Area Chamber of Commerce.
Saturday, December 7, 2013 - Christkindl Festival - 9:00am to 9:00pm - Christkindlmarkt & Festival area will be in the parking lot area beside Dale's Refrigeration & Heating at the corner of Harrison & North 2nd Street. Most all events will take place in heated festive tent. Free admission.
8:30am - 11:30am
- Pictures with Santa inside the Jackson County Bank at 8 Main Street.
Beginning at 9:00am
- Christkindlmarkt opens with local & regional artisians, crafters & vendors in the Christkindlmarkt tent throughout the day. (heated tent)
- Christkindlmarkt will offer a variety of food & drink refreshments located in the Christkindlmarkt tent throughout the day. (heated tent)
9:00am - 9:30am
- Story-Time with Christkindl & Father Christmas at the entertainment stage in the Christkindlmarkt.
9:00am - until sold out
- Mrs. Claus' Cookie Shoppe - Cookie & Bake Sale. Get a head-start on your holiday baking by picking up some homemade sweets located in the Christkindlmarkt tent. (heated tent)
10:00am - 1:00pm
- Christkindl Festival Post Office Station will have the official Christkindl Festival cancellation stamp. Bring your letters, post cards or anything you would like cancellation stamped to the Post Office for the official Christkindl Festival marking. It's a rare opportunity for stamp collectors! The postmark stamping will be free of charge! To request a Cancellation Stamp by mail, affix First-Class postage to a self addressed envelope or post card, using stamps issued before the date of the cancellation. Place in a larger envelope along with a stamped self addressed envelope for the return trip and send to the following address: Christkindl Festival Station; Postmaster; PO Box 9998; Black River Falls, WI 54615-9998. All requests should be postmarked by January 10, 2013. Sponsored by the Black River Falls Downtown Association.
11:00am - 9:00pm
Beer Garden in the Christkindlmarkt tent. Brews from our local brewery, Sand Creek Brewery in Black River Falls. (heated tent)
- Come try the traditional Christkindlmarkt Gluhwein (gluwine), a german warm wine along with a variety of other warm festive drinks from The Mocha Mouse.
10:00am - 4:00pm
- Kindermarkt - Children's activities, art & craft projects - greeting cards, ornaments, learn how-to-get your parade lantern & be in the Children's Lantern procession in the parade, write letters to Santa & many more children's activities located in the Christkindlmarkt tent from 12:00pm - 4:30pm. Most of Kindermarkt activities will be free of charge. (heated tent)
- Kindermarkt Make your own pet rock, face painting, and other trinkets to create.Cookie Decorating Station.
- Santa's Mail Box for drop off of letters to Santa for direct delivery to the North Pole will be at the Christkindl Festival Post Office in the Chriskindlmarkt tent. Santa's Mail Box will be available throughout the day. Santa will take the letters home with him to read each and everyone.
10:00am - 4:00pm
1:00pm - 8:00pm
- Santa's Live Reindeer Exhibit with Santa in the Christkindlmarkt tent - sponsored by Black River Country Bank, Jackson County Bank, Co-op Credit Union & Waumandee State Bank of Black River Falls. This exhibit will be free of charge.
5:00pm - Parade
- Christkindl Night of Lights Parade including the Children's Lantern Procession - Parade route will come down Main Street from North 3rd Street to Water Street. Children will meet for the Children's Lantern Procession near the parking lot on North 3rd Street beside Black River Country Bank between 4:20 to 4:50pm - children will receive a lantern on a stick. Please note that parking on Main Street will be closed during the parade.
7:00pm - Raffle Drawing (Need not be present to win)
- 1st Prize - $400.00
- 2nd Prize - $300.00
- 3rd Prize - $200.00
- 4th Prize - $50.00
- 5th Prize - $50.00
Special Guest appearances throughout the day:
- Christkindl & Father Christmas will be spreading the Christmas Spirit throughout the day. Come help spread the magic of Christmas.
- Santa & Mrs. Claus will be strolling around enjoying the Christkindl festivities and visiting with visitors. Come welcome them to the Christkindl Festival.
Other Christkindl & Area Festivies:
- Warming kettles on Main Street throughout the day and parade. Come warm up at the warming kettles as you stroll down the streets of Downtown . Sponsored by the following Downtown businesses; The Consignment Shop & More, and Buzz & Brew Shop.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church Annual Christmas Bazaar at 407 Main Street in Church Hall.
- Come meet the Alpacas along with spinning & felting demonstrations at Smiley Bear Design & Fevolden Farm Alpacas at 21 N. 1st Street.
- Much, much more.
- Hat & Mitten Drive at Co-op Credit Union from now through November 30th. Drop off donation of new hats and mittens in the lobby. These will be distributed to local school children. Sponsored by Co-op Credit Union.